- new decade, new chapter
- 5 more years and you can be president
- car insurance will decrease again
- you can date a 40-year old without him looking like a perv
- God has blessed you with a milestone
- your body begins throwing off pheromones left and right
- men LOVE a woman in her 30’s
- children respect you
- you become more responsible
- you have less bad debt than you did in your 20’s
- your body begins to fill out and take on new levels of sexiness
- you have a more laid-back approach to life
- all of the hard lessons learned in your 20s will help you through this time in your life
- you develop better taste in men. QUALITY matters
- …also developed is an internal bullshit detector that can detect lies,games, and general nonsense from both girls and guys
- better fashion sense—you know what to buy that will definitely look good on you
- your foot reaches its final shoe size
- you now belong to a club called “dirty thirty” (and any club that starts with “dirty” is great to be in)
- you’ve read way more books than a 20 year old.
- you know the exact amount of liquor you can handle in one night + you have a signature drink
- you’ve discovered the perfect skin/makeup regime
- bye bye acne
- you begin to appreciate your mother and her journey
- you can give genuine advice to women younger than you
- everyone at your job takes you more seriously
- you begin to protect and build your credit/savings
- you become a Sex Goddess
- life begins to make sense
- you look sexy even without showing a lot of skin
- young enough to know the right car to buy yet grown enough not to put rims on it
This girl looks like what 7th Grade feels like.
I see the 2010 version of this girl on the train every so often. I want to hug her and tell her everything will be OK. It's a lot easier to be yourself after you escape your schools subtle oppression. You'll soon discover your own quiet coolness.
And then later, you won't even give a fuck about being cool.
“I will not love a weak man, I will not. That sensation, so familiar to me, of being unvanquished has come back to me, terrible, awesome. And I am going to defeat my destiny, I am going to escape from this fatality…I do not want to be the leader. I refuse to be the leader. I want to live darkly and richly in my femaleness. I want a man lying over me, always over me. His will, his pleasure, his desire, his life, his work, his sexuality the touchstone, the command, my pivot. I don’t mind working, holding my ground intellectually, artistically; but as a woman, oh, God, as a woman I want to be dominated. I don’t mind being told to stand on my own feet, not to cling, be all that I am capable of doing, but I am going to be pursued, fucked, possessed by the will of a male at his time, his bidding.”
- The Exorcist—this movie will never lose its ability to scare a grown woman into sleeping with the lights on. The Devil vs. Catholic Priest is always a fight I’m willing to watch over and over again.
- American Gothic—Horror and Porn might be the only 2 genres that shine when it comes to their B-rated films and American Gothic is a shining example. A creepy family terrorizing their young houseguests to death along with a mummified baby makes this an 80’s classic.
- Beetlejuice— whatever you do, DO NOT say Beetlejuice 3 times. And truthfully, we all have a little Lydia Deetz in us.
- The Shining—Watching Jack Nicholson spiral into insanity is disturbing and impressive. Scariest moment: when Jack finally enters Room 237.
- Night of The Living Dead (1968 version)—a true classic. When watching this, I can’t help but think how realistic the possibility of the dead awaking and walking the land really is. It could happen..
she said: "If someone takes me to the back of an alley, I expect to get paid."
when you commit to doing something, you better do it. otherwise, your integrity comes into question and you have no idea how bad you could be letting someone down.
Oakademy's “The Coltrane Project”
This comprehensive remix album celebrates the influence Coltrane has had on generations far beyond his own. The project is meant to show appreciation for ‘Trane as a jazz legend, as well as offer an innovative new twist on some of his best compositions. The essence of his music remains intact, while incorporating top-notch talent and trailblazing visionaries in today’s music industry.
I always go back to this moment.
There are some days in my life that felt so dreamlike that it's hard to believe they were actually real.
Note the absence of a life jacket.
Nothing between me and them. Nothing holding me up but the salt water.
I cherish this moment because it wasn't about holding onto their fin, or doing some trick. I was just loving them.
I wonder if they could tell.
I suggest you wear neon and practice swinging your hair.
I've also made it so you can download my playlist for free.
Trust me. I've been making mix tapes and providing all with funny dance moves and self-deprecating humor to avoid getting laughed at since 1991. Do you know how popular you have to make yourself when you have a dad that picks you up at your junior high school in a '79 Toyota Cressida and sings Darling Nikki at the top of his lungs?
The answer: Very.
Full Playlist: (click on song to download from zShare)*
Gorillaz - Empire Ants
Glass Candy - Candy Castle
Cut/Copy - Saturdays
Digitalism - Pogo
Crystal Castles - Crimewave
Beck - Gamma Ray
Standing on the Shore - Empire of the Sun
Talk Amongst Yourselves - Grand National
Caribou - Found Out
*zShare tip: click where it says 'download this file in small type, not the big DOWNLOAD NOW or PLAY NOW button. I know it sounds stupid but those big icons will plague you with pop ups.